Korean Language Classes
Every class runs about three hours at a time, focusing on speaking and listening in Korean for 10 weeks (Basic Hangeul for 5 weeks).
- Basic Hangeul ($75 for a session of 5 weeks) Saturday 2 - 4:50 PM (Textbook/Workbook: KACCSA's own material)
- Level 1 ($150 for a session of 10weeks) Saturday 9 - 11:50 AM (Textbook & workbook: 사랑해요 한국어 1)
- Level 2 ($150 for a session of 10weeks) Saturday 9 - 11:50 AM (Textbook & workbook: Active Korean 1 & 2)
- Level 3 ($150 for a session of 10weeks) Saturday 2- 4:50 (Textbook & workbook: Active Korean 2 & 3)
Textbook and workbook need to be purchased before the first class. Please bring your own if you have them.
Textbooks & workbook:
- Basic Korean Textbook can be purchased at the center for $10.
- Level 1 Textbook is '사랑해요 한국어 1 (I love Korean 1)
- Level 2 Textbook is 'Active Korean 1 and 2'
- Level 3 Textbook is 'Active Korean 2'
'Active Korean Textbooks and workbook for level 1,2,3 can be purchased at or
'사랑해요 한국어' textbook and workbook purchase information will be updated soon.
Level test: 6 PM on Friday Feb. 7th, Meet at the KACCSA office. Please email in advance to reserve your spot for the level test. Students who took the previous class or who are signing up for the Basic Hangeul do not need a level test.
Description of the classes
- Basic Hangul
Course Description: This 15 hour course focuses on teaching Hangeul to students who do not have any prior knowledge of the Korean language, including consonants, vowels, double consonants and final consonants. In addition, basic everyday expressions and some basic conversation in a simple setting will be covered in this class. This is a 5-week class. (You can find the syllabus here.)
- Level 1: 사랑해요 한국어 1 (I love Korean 1) - Seoul National University
Course Description: This course provides learning of basic communication expressions commonly used in real life situations by practicing reading, writing, and listening example set of conversations outlined with different everyday life topics.
- Level 2: Active Korean 1 & 2
Course Description: This course designed for those who has successfully completed Active Korean 1 or is at an equivalent level. Based on the lessons covered in Active Korean 1, the goal of this course is to be able to understand and express practical expression used in various social settings.
- Level 3: Active Korean 2 & 3
Course Description: This course is designed for those who has successfully completed Active Korean 2 or is at an equivalent level. Through this course, students will be able to enhance basic communication skills and differentiate between the style of Korean language used in an official and an unofficial setting. Topics such as experience, employment, how to take care of broken things, and speaking about one’s worries will be discussed along with a comprehensive training on speaking, reading, listening, and writing.